Friday, October 29, 2010

Closing time.

Day one (ok more like day 0.5) living in the burbs. I know that I've been in Mt. Prospect for a while but this is seriously official.  We closed today (or Wednesday when I wrote this, sorry, packing had me delayed). Now, I am much more than a 25 minute (in good traffic) drive to the city and about two miles from something called "county fairgrounds?"  I'd say I'm in the middle of nowhere but there's a Caputos (yum) down the street and a giant brand new Crate & Barrel nearby. I can't be that far away from civilization, right? Gulp.

The house is beautiful.  Lovely.  Briggs and I are came here for dinner. He, to sniff around his new digs (he's clearly confused and agitated) and me to have take out sushi with M (standing over the countertops because of course we haven't actually moved). It's darker than night outside. I don't like it. It scares me.  Im not used to it. I'm pretending all the noises outside are the L or cabs honking. Can someone send me a "city" mp3?  The first month's electric bill will be high because I'm going to need ALL of the lights on at all times.

But I'm excited to be here. Excited to decorate. Excited to explore. Excited to build. This house is perfect for us in so many ways. Ok, minus the wallpaper.

Home sweet suburban home.

No comments: