Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hunted Houses

So, house hunting is a HUGE p.i.t.a. and we are once again in "under contract" limbo.  BUT, this time, she's a real beaut, Clark, and we're so damn close to our dream house, I can almost taste the several thousand square feet of dust I will be cleaning on a regular basis.  I might have been better off giving up my first born child as collateral for this house because getting a mortgage these days takes nothing short of a miracle, even with near perfect credit (clearly not mine). Also, if I have to hear a piece of "advice" from one more person about the next-best-foreclosure deal their brother's wife's sorority sister's contractor fiance knows about, I will scream.

But, now that we've got a house in our sights, I can't help but day dream about how we will decorate and transform the place into our "home."   Paint colors and new sofas, like two drops of pee when I think about it all. (Country wall paper is the first thing to go!)

The problem in re-decorating is that I have serious commitment issues.  I love too many ideas and end up being totally unable to commit to anything, waiting too long and then convincing myself that I don't actually like that idea to begin with.  I worry that while I like the idea TODAY, what if I wake up in three weeks and don't (although that has never happened to me, I still fear it).

Also, thanks in large part to my interior designer cousin, I have gained a much better appreciation for furniture than I ever have before (ever try to sit in my black velvet Napolean chair a la Jayson Home & Garden?)  While I won't be affording Merchandise Mart pieces anytime soon, I am also not the kind of girl to walk into a Crate and Barrel or Room and Board and pick up "the whole set" because I need to fill space, like we do now. (I spent 4 months cira 2007 sleeping on the floor on an old mattress as I awaited the finding of and then delivery of my "perfect bed.")
Speaking of Jayson Home and Garden... I wonder if anything is on sale...

No comments: