Tuesday, November 2, 2010

BTW: a few things I love today (Fall!)

A few things I'm loving today: 

1.  50% of Halloween decorations! On my way to work this morning, I cleaned out a good portion of SuperTarget's leftover Halloween supply.  I stopped for envelopes and was pleasantly surprised that they still had a decent selection, so I stocked up on gravestones, gooey rats and spiders, bleeding eyeball skull candles, a smoke machine (score!) skele-lanterns and other treats.  We're set for next Halloween (you're invited!) for sure.  Anyway, we've got a house to fill/decorate now, who wants to pay full price for that stuff?  Although, the people in Target looked at me like I was crazy.  Isn't this what people in the suburbs do?  Whatever.  To be honest, I am a bit excited to find out that Target's online store still seems to have a great selection of clearance items.... muah ha ha hahaahaaaa. 

2. Recycling Halloween candy into (even more!) delicious treats via one of my favorite blogs, thekitchen.com. All of the candy at our house comes from that which we couldn't get rid of.  This is a great idea for Thanksgiving desserts!

 
3. Geneva Commons in Geneva, IL for coddling me this morning when I had a momentary "ohGodwheredidwemoveto?" moment.  Thank you Lord for H&M, Anthropologie, Williams and Sonoma and Trader Joe's west of Route 59.  Thank you.

4. Tights!  Fall is in full swing and today, despite being fully bundled up head-to-knee, I stepped out sans tights.  IMMEDIATE REGRET!   Most of my good stuff is still packed but I'm always game for a trip to TJ Maxx or Marshalls, where most of my best finds have been.  I say "best" because in my opinion, cost is a huge factor.  I've spent $30+ on "fancy" tights that tear within minutes.  This way, at TJ Maxx, I can buy quasi-designer brands to my hearts content and don't even bat an eyelash when I have to toss them.  Sigh, SO many great designs to choose from.  Too bad I don't work downtown anymore where there are actually people to admire them.

5. New work out classes at (somebody else's) gymI was invited to take a "total body conditioning" class with a friend in Huntley tonight.  I'm very excited, though not as much about the exercising part as much as having an activity/friend date on a week night!  I'm being kind of nerdy (and 3rd grade) about it.  It's M's good friend's wife who is SUPER nice and sweet.  I hope she's not terrified by my leaching onto her for dear friendship life. 

More things I love to come...

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: